Heirloom Wood Countertops Warranty
Following the installation, care, and maintenance instructions will extend the life of your countertop. Failure to follow these instructions will void the warranty. Accidents do happen, so if you have any issues with your countertop, please have your installer contact us immediately for a damage assessment and repair quote.
Original Tung Oil Finish
Lifetime guarantee to only the original buyer against defect in workmanship and 1 year warranty on material from the original date of sale under normal indoor residential use in the original location. There is no express or implied warranty with respect to water or stain damage. Heirloom products, as delivered, are highly water-resistant and will remain so if properly maintained and re-oiled in accordance with Heirloom’s maintenance instructions. Heirloom products, like all solid wood products, expand and contract with changes in temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors. This expansion and contraction may cause small changes in the countertop. Changes due to environmental factors are not considered defects. Changes due to expansion and contraction vary by wood species and by local environmental conditions.
Damages or claims which may result from:
- neglect/failure to follow maintenance guide
- accidental or intentional damage
- damage or wear to any movable mechanism
- normal wear and tear
- misuse of product
- unauthorized repair
- unsupported overhangs over 8 inches
- failure to allow finish to cure adequately prior to heavy use
- products used outside for decking or furniture
- chemical damage from unauthorized cleaners
- exposure to significant fluctuation in temperature and/or humidity
- alteration or abuse of the product
- Color change over time
- Installation by un-authorized installer
- Grain pattern variation
- Unapproved cut-outs or modification
- Installation directly upon cold materials such as granite or marble
Heirloom’s specifications for flatness of its surfaces with less than 2” overhangs is ½” maximum upcurl/downcurl in the cross grain direction.
Heirloom’s specification for flatness of its surfaces with greater than 2” overhangs is 1/4” upcurl/downcurl in any grain direction for each 4” of overhang.
It is well documented that wood continues to expand and contract long after production based on environmental conditions. Any claim for surface flatness must provide substantial documentation from the installer demonstrating:
- Countertops were installed with screws, corner brackets and oversized holes to accommodate wood expansion/contraction
- No adhesive/silicone was used to adhere the countertop to the cabinet (or other) surface
- Sufficient information must be given to demonstrate that the installer attempted to achieve a flat surface by adjusting screw tension and depth in the corner brackets used to adhere the countertop
- Overhangs over 8 inches were properly supported per the installation guide set forth by Heirloom.
Repairs or replacement under this limited warranty must be made through the same dealer/distributor from whom the product was purchased. Should the dealer or factory representative find return of the product to the factory necessary, all packing, shipping and labor costs will be the responsibility of the customer.
Factory obligation under this warranty is limited, at the option of Heirloom, to repair or replacement of the product (or one of equal type and quality if the product is no longer available), within 90 days after receipt of written recommendation from the dealer, provided none of the above exclusions are evident. Heirloommakes no other warranty, express or implied and all other warranties including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all warranties of merchantability or warranties of fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded and disclaimed. Heirloom’s liability pursuant to any warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the material sold or repayment of the purchase price. Under no circumstances shall Heirloom be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or damage to other property, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the company shall have no liability for loss of business, business interruptions, or lost profits. In no event shall Heirloom’s liability on any warranty or claims whatsoever, exceed the cost of the materials sold.