The next step in the purchase process is the template. An installation professional will visit your home to verify measurements and create a template (or footprint) of your new countertop to ensure a perfect fit. The Templater will also review your order with you for accuracy and make any necessary changes including any additional supports required. During this visit, the templater may also review wood grain direction and joint styles, if applicable.
To prepare for your template appointment, be sure that:
- All cabinetry and end panels must be completely and permanently installed and level.
- All items should be removed from the existing countertops.
- All appliances, including dishwashers, stoves and refrigerators, must be in place.
- All items to be installed or mounted to the countertop must be present at the time of template. This includes (but is not limited to):
- • Sinks
• Soap Dispensers
- In some cases, to ensure an accurate fit of the new countertop, the existing countertops will need to be removed prior to templating.
- If this is the case, you may temporarily be without the use of your sink, cooktop or countertop until the installation is completed.
Once your template is completed and approved, the final order will be adjusted for any changes from the initial estimate. The Home Depot will contact you to review any changes and settle your order.