For full warranty details, Click Here
- Are Heirloom Wood Countertops covered by a warranty?
- We offer a limited warranty that covers all manufacturing defects. In addition, we offer a lifetime warranty on the glue seams.
- Are there any eco-friendly options for wood countertops?
- Heirloom Wood offers many wood species that come from Sustainably Managed Forests in North American Hard Wood forests and Heirloom bamboo meets LEED qualifications for green materials.
Sustainable forest management (SFM) is the management of forests according to the principles of sustainable development. Sustainable forest management uses very broad social, economic and environmental goals. A range of forestry institutions now practice various forms of sustainable forest management using a variety of methods and tools that have been tested over time.
- Are wood countertops easy to maintain?
- Very easy. Aside from cleaning the top, you will have to apply oil every two to three years, depending on use. This takes about one hour.
- Can a sink be put in a wood countertop?
- Yes, sinks can be put in an Heirloom Wood Countertop because it has been finished with a penetrating waterproof oil.
- Can bacteria get into the wood?
- Wood countertops are less porous that natural stone, so they inherently repel bacteria. Heirloom Wood Countertops are also protected by Tung-oil finish, which helps keep bacteria out. As with any countertop, you must wash and disinfect it as well.
- Can I use wood for vanity tops in the bathroom?
- Yes, we make vanity tops that look classic and elegant in any bathroom setting.
- How do I clean the countertop?
- Wood can easily be cleaned with mild, non-ammonia soap. Simply rinse, and disinfect with a 20% white vinegar/water solution.
- Is wood a good surface choice?
- Yes. Wood is a traditional and classic countertop choice that is ideal as a counter top surface because of its elegance and durability. Available in many colors and grain patterns, Heirloom Wood Countertops will last a lifetime.
- Is wood heat and stain resistant?
- Yes! Heirloom Wood Countertops resist red wine, mustard and other substances that usually stain and are extremely heat resistant as well. However, we do recommend that you place a pad under hot cookware before placing them on the countertop.
- Where can I buy an Heirloom Wood Countertop?
- Heirloom Wood Countertops are available exclusively at The Home Depot stores. Use the Store Locator on the right to find a store near you.
- Where can I get help with template and installation of my countertop?
- To get help with templating and installation of your countertop, use the Store Locator on the right to find a The Home Depot store near you. The store associates will be happy to assist you with any questions you might have.